TABLE OF CONTENTS
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of the Site. The types of personal information we may collect from users of the Site include: [full name, gender, home address, email address, home telephone number, mobile telephone number, work telephone number, preferred language, energy-related information (including information about your energy usage), communications preferences, IP address, and user ID and password].
Information We Collect From Registered Users
Individuals are free to visit and use the Site without registering or providing any personal information, but Site registration is required to log-in to the Site, to interact with energy providers using the Site, upload usage or other customer specific data, and to take advantage of other services offered by the Site.
Industry Participant Users. If you are a grid stakeholder and wish to register for the Site as an Industry Participant User, you must provide us with certain information about yourself and your business. Such information may include: name, address, email address, mobile and work phone, full corporate name, and a user ID and password.
Other Registered Site Users. If you are a general user of the Site (not a Grid Stakeholder) and wish to register for the Site, you must provide us with certain information about yourself. Such information may include: [first and last name, date of birth, address, email address, home telephone number, as well as a user ID and password]. We may also collect middle name or initial, energy usage information, mobile telephone number, and work telephone number, and communications preferences. In addition, during the registration process and through the use of the Site, users may provide other energy-related information, including information about energy usage, reports, and/or profiles, utility provider, tariff election, etc. _________________________________ (“Energy Information”).
Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may supplement the information we collect about you with outside records from third parties in order to provide you with information, services, or goods you have requested, to enhance our ability to serve you, and to tailor our content to you. We may combine the information we receive from those other sources with information we collect through the Site. In those cases, we will apply this Privacy Notice to the combined information.
Information Collected Automatically When You Access & Use the Site
In addition to any personal information or other information that you choose to submit to the Site, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Site (“Viewer Information”). Viewer Information may include the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to our Site, the search terms you entered into a search engine that lead you to our Site (if applicable), all of the areas within our Site that you visit, the time of day you visited the Site and Site traffic, among other information. Viewer Information also includes the IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device (any of which are referred to herein as a “Device”) used to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device, and our servers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third-party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access the Site.
We may use Viewer Information for a variety of purposes, including enhancing or otherwise improving the Site and our products and services. Viewer Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as personal information.
The methods that may be used to collect Usage Information include the following:
- Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Site or otherwise access our online content. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. If you choose to disable cookies on your Device, some features of the Site or our content may not function properly.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We and our affiliates may use information collected through the Site, including your personal information and Usage Information, to:
- PROVIDE ENHANCED ASSESSMENTS OF YOU (OR YOUR CUSTOMER’S) ENERGY RELATED COSTS AND OR POTENTIAL SAVINGS
- enable and allow you to participate in features and services we offer or to provide related customer service, including, without limitation, to respond to your questions, complaints, or comments;
- tailor the content we display to you;
- process a transaction you initiate;
- provide you with information, products, or services that you have requested or agreed to receive;
- communicate with you about OUR products, services, offers, events, and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you;
- enable you to communicate with us through our social networks or Site features;
- process your registration with the Site and manage your account, including verifying that your e-mail address is active and valid;
- operate, evaluate, or improve the Site and our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analyzing our products, services, websites, and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites and any other digital assets; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities);anonymize personal information and prepare and furnish aggregated data reports showing anonymized information (including, but not limited to, the following: compilations, analyses, analytical and predictive models and rules, and other aggregated reports) for our business purposes;
- contact you with regard to our products and services, or your use of the Site, and, in our discretion, changes to the Site policies or functionality;
- protect against, address, and prevent fraud, unauthorized activities, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and enforce legal and contractUAL obligations;
- as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over us or an affiliate; and
- comply with industry standards and our policies.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personal information and Usage Information as follows:
- We may share your information, including Energy Information, THAT DOES NOT IDENTIFY YOU AS THE SOURCE, on an aggregate basis with COMPANIES IN THE ENERGY INDUSTRY (“INDUSTRIAL PROVIDER Users”) through the Site. This Privacy Notice does not address how INDUSTRIAL PROVIDER Users will use and disclose information obtained using our Site or otherwise provided by you to them. It is the energy provider’s responsibility to use and disclose any and all of your information in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including, without limitation, obtaining any consents or authorizations that may be required for your information to be shared with third parties and in compliance with all state and federal regulations related to energy AND privacy. CLARITY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE ENERGY PROVIDER’S USE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
- We may share information with third party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, those that host and operate the Site.
- We may share information to comply with law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena in compliance with applicable privacy laws, or at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation.
- We may share information to analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read).
- We may share information to respond to claims that any information you provide violates the rights of third parties.
- We may share information in relation to the sale, assignment, transfer, or acquisition of all or substantially all of clarity’S assets or shares by a third party.
- We may share information with other third parties with your consent.
- We may sell AND/OR share Usage Information and other aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research and other purposes.
We offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain offerings or Site features. Your choices include the following:
- You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our sites, It may take up to 2 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
- Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect the personal information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Clarity uses no encryption (data scrambling) on certain portions of the Site, but Clarity uses encryption for transmission of all user information submitted through the Site . When you are on any web site that asks you for confidential information, you should check to see if the information being transmitted is encrypted in order to increase the security of your information. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as perfect security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your user ID and password private. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
We and our affiliates are not responsible for the handling, sharing, re-sharing, and/or distribution of your Energy Information. Moreover, if you forward Energy Information electronically to another person on or off the Site, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any harm or other consequences from third party use or re-sharing of your Energy Information.
The Site will not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals. If you would like additional information about online tracking and various opt-out mechanisms, please see donottrack.us/
Please note that not all tracking will stop even if you delete cookies.
ABILITY TO MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
As a registered user, you may modify registration information by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time. You may request to delete any personal information we possess by sending us an email at
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Our Site may contain links to other websites and may use services provided by third parties. These websites and services may operate independently from us. Linked websites and third party service providers may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites or use any third party services. To the extent any linked websites you visit or third party services are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ or the third party services’ content, any use of the websites or the third party services, or the privacy practices of the websites or the third party service providers.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time, and without prior notice to you, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Privacy Notice on this page. If we make any changes to this Privacy Notice that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change, such as by highlighting the change on our Site, or emailing the email address of record for your account.
CHILDREN AND MINORS.
Clarity makes no active effort to collect personal information from children under the age of 18 and does not wish to receive any such information.
We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy aspects of our Site or would like to make a complaint. You may write to us at;Clarity Grid Solutions, Inc.
9821 Katy Freeway, Suite 600
Houston, TX 77024
Clarity Grid Solutions, Inc.
9821 Katy Freeway, Ste 600
Houston, TX, USA 77024